Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review: Sephora Professional #45 Mineral Powder Brush

4.5 out of 5 stars

With the multitude of brushes placed before me, I asked a Sephora salesperson for help.  She recommended the mineral brush because it would take less time to use than a regular foundation brush and that it gives your liquid foundation an airbrushed look.  She made a great recommendation!  I love this brush.  I decided to purchase it and use it with the Make Up Forever HD Complexion Starter Kit (You can read my review of the HD Complexion Starter Kit here).

The size of the brush is pretty nice.  The brush is wide enough to cover a large area, but it can get smaller places (such as the bridge of your nose) easily.  The only place I have a little trouble getting to is right around the sides of my nose (you know that awkward place just around your nostrils).  I found that the best thing to do when it comes to that area is to get it as best as I can with my brush (the sides work well) and then blend where needed with my fingers.  When applying my liquid foundation, I use the brush to dab the product where I need it, and then blend it in by using a circular motion.  The thick bristles are perfect for blending!  Why did I take off a half star?  This brush was a little pricey, and it is a little difficult to clean when used with liquid foundation.  I was able to clean it well enough, but the white tips are easy to stain.

Top view
In short, I love the look that this brush gives my makeup.  I will definitely be trying more of the Sephora brush collection.

Be sure to check out the "brushes" label for more brush reviews!

On a final note, I am not affiliated with Sephora in any way.  This review is purely my opinion and was completely honest.  It was not affected by anyone else.  I am not trying to persuade you to purchase any of the products listed.  I try to research my beauty products thoroughly before I purchase them so that I know what to expect before I buy it.  I want to write my own reviews so that I can help others who like to research their purchases too.  I hope that you found this review entertaining and informative.

If you have any questions or comments about my review or the product listed, please feel free to leave them in the comments below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment