Friday, March 2, 2012

Review: ELF Brushes

Instead of making a separate post for each of the ELF brushes in my collection, I thought I would create one post to review them all.  The ELF line makes all kinds of makeup (ELF = Eyes, Lips, Face) and brushes.  While I am a fan of the ELF eyeshadows, the brushes are only so-so.  On to the reviews...

Brush #1: ELF Blush Brush
2 out of 5 stars

This brush is okay.  The best thing about it was the price ($3 at Target).  The brush is a nice size and fits comfortably in my hand.  The bristles are not as soft as I would have liked and are a little thin.  You can definitely feel that the brush is not very good quality.  I typically use this brush to apply bronzer in the shape of the number 3 on each side of my face.  It doesn't pick up the product that well and I feel like I have to apply more than I would normally have to.  I found that my bronzer discolors the bristles a little bit which is weird considering they are black.

In short, I think this brush would make a good brush to leave in an emergency kit in your car, or a good brush to pick up if you find yourself traveling and you left your best brush at home.

Brush #2: ELF Eyeshadow Brush
4 out of 5 stars

I really love this brush.  Definitely a steal at $1.  I picked this brush up at my local Target.  I am sure there are better eyeshadow brushes out there, but this one definitely surprised me.  The bristles of the brush are short but thick.  It really is the perfect size for applying eye shadow to your lid and brow bone (I will probably buy a separate brush for the crease).  If you are looking for a basic eyeshadow brush on a tight budget, this is the brush for you!


Brush #3: ELF Brow Brush:
3 out of 5 stars

This brush was another $1 bargain.  Once again, it isn't the highest quality, but if it you are on a tight budget (like myself) it is definitely worth the price.  It may not be the best one made, but this brush gets the job done.  I picked up this brush at my local Target.

All in all, I would have to say that the biggest advantage of the ELF brush line is the price.  Most of the ELF brushes that I have seen at Target were priced either $1 or $3 per brush.  While the brand isn't the highest quality, if you are looking to expand your brush collection on a tight budget, I would definitely recommend them.  For the important brushes that are used for more application, such as foundation and blush brushes, I would spend a little more money for a better quality.  But for your minor brushes, such as eyeshadow and eyebrow brushes, ELF makes a decent product.

Interested in reading about more brushes?  Check out my review of the Make Up Forever HD Complexion Starter Kit which included a fabulous kabuki brush here, and check out my review of the Too Faced Sun on the Run kit which included a flatbuki brush here.  For my review of the Sephora Professional #45 brush, please click here.

On a final note, I am not affiliated with ELF or Target in any way.  This review is purely my opinion and was completely honest.  It was not affected by anyone else.  I am not trying to persuade you to purchase any of the products listed.  I try to research my beauty products thoroughly before I purchase them so that I know what to expect before I buy it.  I want to write my own reviews so that I can help others who like to research their purchases too.  I hope that you found this review entertaining and informative.

If you have any questions or comments about my review or the brushes listed, please feel free to leave them in the comments below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment