Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day

I know I am a little late on this post, but today I will be talking about... Valentine's Day!


As a child, I loved Valentine's Day.  I spent a great deal of time and thought selecting my valentines, and then selecting the perfect one for each of my classmates.  Even at a young age, I was terrified of sending the wrong message to the boys in my class.  I loved making those adorable little mailboxes in class to collect my valentines.  Today, I am not quite as enthusiastic about Valentine's Day, but I do enjoy it.  I was very excited that this year I got to spend it with my husband.  Before we got married we lived in separate cities and were only able to see each other on the weekends (usually it was about every other weekend).  Needless to say, we only spent one Valentine's Day together prior to our marriage (even though we were together for 4 years before we said "I Do").


On Valentine's Day this year, I passed out Dr. Seuss valentines to my students as well as Valentine's Day themed erasers (each valentine and eraser was picked out for each student... I still haven't grown out of that).  I decided to wear a hot pink dress to school, because really, what other kind of dress would you wear on Valentine's Day? lol  My adorable students surprised me with some valentines and candy.  I even got an adorable stuffed bear from one little girl in my class.

A photo of a teddy bear (and valentine) one of my students gave me,
as well as a massive box of chocolate turtles from my husband.

That night I spent some quality time with my husband.  He cooked an amazing dinner for me.  My husband is an awesome cook.  I discovered that he makes the best chicken ever.

All in all it was a great day!  How was your Valentine's Day?  I hope it was happy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I hand selected a pencil for each of my students, just like you hand selected each student's eraser. Some things you just never out grow... :)

    ReplyDelete