Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sephora Haul!

For Christmas, I received a few gift cards for my local mall.  What happens when I have money to spend at the mall?  I go crazy in Sephora!

If you haven't heard of Sephora, I urge you to find one near you or check out their website as soon as you finish reading this post.  You can check out their website here.  One of the things that I love most about Sephora is that they carry a number of different brands in addition to their own.  This makes it easy to pick out the best product for you without having to remain with the same brand.  I also love that you can try almost every product before you buy it.  Also the salespeople at my Sephora are so friendly and helpful.

I had my eye on the Make Up Forever HD Complexion Starter Kit for a few weeks, so naturally that is where I headed first.  The kit includes HD Microperfecting Primer in #0 Neutral, HD Invisible Cover Foundation in your shade (mine is #117), HD Microfinish Powder, and HD Kabuki Brush.  (You can read my review of the HD Complexion Starter Kit here).



I also purchased the Sephora professional #45 mineral powder brush.  With the multitude of brushes placed before me, I asked a Sephora salesperson for help.  She recommended the mineral brush because it would take less time to use than a regular foundation brush and that it gave your makeup an airbrushed look.



I also looked for a concealer to help hide my dark under-eye circles (more on that in a post coming soon).  Once again, I was overwhelmed, but my salesperson helped me narrow down my choices.  After trying on a few concealers, I chose the Amazing Concealer in Light Golden.  I chose the smallest tube, but a larger one is also available.



In addition to concealer, I looked for a bronzer to add a little color to my light skin.  I was a little nervous about choosing a bronzer because I did not want to look like a pumpkin.  I tried on Too Faced bronzer in Snow Bunny and fell in love!  The color is great to add some warmth to my often too pale skin. (You can read my review of the Too Faced Bronzer in Snow Bunny here.)


As I hunted for a good bronzer brush, I picked the Too Faced Sun on the Run kit.  The kit includes a mini bronzer in Sun Bunny and the Too Faced flatbuki brush.  So small.  So cute.  (You can read my review of the Too Faced Sun on the Run kit here.)



Last, I picked up some Sephora brush cleaner to help me clean off my pretty new brushes.  I chose the small bottle so that I can see how much I like it, but a larger bottle is also available.


As usual, Sephora also hooked me up with lots of awesome free samples!  Really, who doesn't love free stuff?


Through the poll I posted last week, I found out that you all would like to read some reviews and recommendations.  As a result, I decided that I will be posting reviews of all of these products in the near future.  Once I do, I will add the links to this post so that if you ever decide to re-read it, you will have access to all of the product reviews.  Don't worry, I will be sure to spread them out so that you don't get too tired of make up (if that could ever happen).  Look for my first review on the MUFE HD kit soon.  It is definitely my favorite out of these purchases and I am dying to write about it.

Have you tried any of these products?  If so, which one?  If not, which one would you most likely want to try?

Oh and before I forget, for those of you wanting to know a little more about me, check out my new "About Me" tab located at the top of the page.  If you have any questions about me that are not answered there, feel free to ask.  There is another new tab up there as well with a list of a few of my favorite blogs.  Let me know what you think! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment