Sunday, October 16, 2011

4. Make popcorn balls

The other day I got out of class a little early.  As I was looking through our kitchen cabinets for a snack, I decided it was time to try to make some popcorn balls.



Ingredients:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 bag of microwaveable popcorn
6 tablespoons butter
5 cups miniature marshmallows


Directions:
1.  Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.



2.  Microwave the bag of popcorn (be careful not to burn it!)



3.  Empty the popcorn bag into the 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.



OPTIONAL: If you find that you have large marshmallows instead of small marshmallows (as I did), I found that cutting them up allows them to melt more quickly.



4.  Melt butter In a medium saucepan over low heat.



5.  Stir in marshmallows and cook until melted, stirring constantly.




6.  Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and mix with spoon to coat evenly.

7.  Let mixture cool slightly. Smear butter on your hands or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Mix popcorn with your hands so that it is evenly coated.



8.  Form popcorn into balls.




9.  Enjoy!

These popcorn balls were very easy to make and they were delicious!  They reminded me of Rice Krispies Treats, but with popcorn instead.  I can't wait to make more!  Sadly, my husband doesn't like popcorn balls, but I was able to give many away to my friends and family (they seemed to enjoyed them).

What do you think of my awesome popcorn balls?  Have you made popcorn balls before?  Did you try this recipe?


Recipe modified from Allrecipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment