Tuesday, October 4, 2011

#2. Make at least 1 DIY Halloween decoration

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have been working on some Halloween decorations for our apartment.  I absolutely love decorating.  I think it is a lot of fun and it gives your home a festive touch.  For the past few weeks I have been collecting glass jars (rather than recycling them).


Travis insisted that it was a little strange, however, I told him that I wanted to make a craft with them.  After much searching, I found a link on Pinterest which led me to the Gleeful Things blog.  There I found an idea for glass jar lumanaries.  I thought to myself, "hmmm... I have a few jars lying around."  Using my glass jars, homemade mod poge, tissue paper, and cardstock paper, I turned my boring glass jars into these colorful, Halloween jars.



I placed some tea light candles inside them that I had lying around the house and ta-daa!!!


Sadly, I made the mistake of coating my spider jar with a little too much green, but it still looks pretty cute in the day time.


Needless to say, I think it was worth saving all of those jars!  This project gave me some ideas for more projects.  When I have time to finish them, I will be sure to post more photos.

So what do you think of my glass jars?  Were they worth saving?  I think my favorite jar is my jack-o-lantern.  Which one is your favorite?




P.S. Are you on Pinterest?  Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. I really love the bat jar! So cute! I've seen other ideas of using modge podge and fall leaves to create the same time of effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I thought these were professional! I like the bat one :) You could totally use these in your future classrooms too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! They took forever to make, but I think it was worth it. As newlyweds, we haven't started our "holiday decorations collection" yet and so our apartment is very un-festive. I think the bat jar does look pretty cute when it's all lit up. The blue makes it look like they are flying through the night sky.

    Kathryn, I think I might attempt to make one with leaves next. Such a cute idea!

    Rachel, I definitely could! I think it would be fun for students to make them, or just use them to decorate my classroom.

    ReplyDelete