Saturday, October 15, 2011

24. Make some homemade birthday gifts

First off, happy birthday to my beautiful sister, Darby!


It was great to celebrate her birthday with her.  I can't believe she is 17!  It seems like just yesterday that we were running around together as little kids.  I feel so old now!

For Darby's birthday, I decided to make her something to go along with the other gifts that Travis and I gave her.  Darby is obsessed with all things Irish.  Although I can't remember exactly how her love for Ireland began, it has been going strong for a few years now.  Inspired by my Halloween luminaries and the colors of the Irish flag, I created a shamrock covered luminary.



Needless to say, she loved it!  I like that the flame really lights up the orange, and although the shamrocks are green when they aren't lit, they show up well in the dark.  This project gave me an idea for another birthday coming up, so you may see something similar in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment