Thursday, September 29, 2011

#8. Find a pretty fall nail polish color

The other day while I was visiting my local drugstore (picking up supplies for a school assignment of course), I couldn't resist walking through the beauty department.  I decided that it was time to pick out my fall nail polish color.  After all, it is part of my fall challenge!  There were so many pretty colors to choose from.  During the summer, my nail polish motto is, "the brighter, the better!"  Now that it's fall, I decided to try something a little different.  After much deliberation, I chose a bottle of NYC In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish in a pretty shade called Manhattan.  Manhattan is a dark purple color (maybe you could call it mauve).  My favorite thing about the NYC nail polish line is how inexpensive it is.  I bought a 0.33 oz bottle for $2.  Although this nail polish is not a top of the line polish, I change colors frequently (I try to repaint them at least once a week), I can't afford to buy the expensive brands every time.  All in all, I was happy with my purchase and I love my new fall color! :)

From NYC:
"At last, a manicure that moves at the speed of Manhattan. NYC's In a New York Color Minute nail polish is slick, glossy polish that goes from wet to set in less than 60 seconds with a special control-flow brush that dispenses just the right amount of color for perfect application…even if you need to apply while heading across town in a taxi. Be vibrant, be brilliant and be bright for less."

Pros:
Wide range of colors
Dries quickly
Inexpensive
Full brush

Cons:
Needs top coat for shine/even finish
Must use at least 2 coats for even color

Here is a photo.  It isn't great but that is only because my camera cord is missing and I had to use my phone. :)  Also, I'm out of clear top coat, so I will have to post another photo once I restock so my nails will look all pretty and shiny.


Here is another photo featuring someone with very pretty nails and a very nice camera. :)


As you can see, the color is dark purple, but in certain light, you can see a hint of red.

Have you every tried NYC nail polish?  What is your favorite "on-a-budget" nail polish line?

No comments:

Post a Comment